Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Can't decide, rent, buy, stay put

Just sharing some thoughts here, i often find it difficult to make decisions and naturally the best thing to do at that time is make istikhaarat or mashwera so this is a bit of mashwera (consultation) and im going to do istikhaara later. I recently moved to Cape Town from Johannesburg and currently living in an apartment that is part of a larger shopping mall development, there is a dentist in the complex who has a fairly large room fro subrental which i thought would be convenient to use for my own private practice (I am an acupuncturist by profession) and also for my medical supplies business, i spoke to the dentist earlier and he is asking 3 times more than i expected, so that has putten me in a fix, before coming i did plan to find a house, purchase it and use for the practice and business as this is an excellent way of getting into the long term benefits of property ownership while at the same time fulfilling my needs for the business and practice which in turn would pay for the property. Thing is that i may be passing up a great opportunity as there is a massive amount of traffic at the mall, thats what goes on in my head often and the other thing is the convenience factor, i just have to walk downstairs to the business and practice. On the other hand though is the fact that a medical practice is not as reliant on location, location, location as other retail businesses are, people tend to seek you out and i have experienced this in joburg where i had patients coming from quite far off, so thats the dilemma, i suppose writing this blog itself helps to clarify it for me, why pay the same in rent as you would if you bought your own place and not suffer any loss in your income anyway, of course it would mean that i wouldnt be able to walk to my business but maybe that will keep me more focused while i am there?

No comments: